ZWO ASI 2600 MC Pro - powerful color astro camera of the latest generation
ZWO has taken another step forward with this new camera. The APS-C sensor allows for astrophotos with large field of views.
One of the outstanding features of the ASI 2600 MC Pro is its sensational light sensitivity. The QE of 80% by the BACK ILLUMINATION technology and the very low amplifier glow make the camera very suitable for all astronomical applications, but especially for deep-sky astrophotography.
Further advantages and product features of the ASI 2600 MC Pro camera:
- USB 3.0 for fast download - can also be used with USB 2.0
- DDR3 memory buffer for stable data transfer with USB2.0 - minimizes amplifier glow
- Powerful Peltier cooling up to 35 °C under ambient conditions
- One of Sony's most light-sensitive CMOS sensors
- High resolution by 3.76 µm pixels - ideal for fast and sharp telescopes like apos, Hyperstar, Celestron Faststar, Newtonian telescopes
- High sensitivity (QE ca. 80%) ideal astronomy camera for low-light objects
- 16-bit ADC, you reach a depth like with CCD cameras, but with a much higher sensitivity.
Application areas of the camera:
- Deep-sky images (nebulae and galaxies): due to the high sensitivity, nebulae and galaxies are imaged after only a few seconds. The camera can be cooled up to 35 °C below ambient temperature. This further reduces the already low noise. By raising the GAIN, you can reduce exposure times to less than 30 seconds. Effects caused by inaccuracies in the tracking are thus eliminated.
- Lunar and planetary images: extremely short exposure times due to high sensitivity freeze the air turbulence. Due to the high resolution of the sensor, many details can be imaged even with a shorter telescope focal length. Video astronomy is also possible.
ZWO ASI Pro Features:
The ASI Pro cameras include a 256MB DDR3 memory buffer to help improve data transfer reliability. Additionally, the use of a memory buffer minimizes amp-glow, which is caused by the slow transfer speeds when the camera is used with a USB 2.0 port.
ZWO ASI Pro cameras have an improved casing. There are four screws that seal the sensor chamber. Our camera design has been extensively tested and is very stable. Even when used in higher humidity environments, The camera will still work fine without dew problems.
ZWO ASI Pro cameras also contain a 2-stage TEC cooling system that enables deep cooling (40°C-45°C below ambient Temperature). This reduces sensor noise considerably and allowes you to take breathtaking astrophotos.
Cooled ZWO ASI cameras need a 12V power supply, If you don’t have one, please check the recommended accessories for a suitable power adapter.